Are you new to hiking? Not sure where to go? Looking for some hiking buddies? Just want to get outside with a group of rad girls? Join us for a day of hiking, Backcountry Beauty Girls Day Out style!
- Join us for a girls day out in the mountains as we conquer East End of Rundle! This is a chance to meet other girls interested in getting outside, learn the basics of hiking, scrambling and backpacking all the while conquering an entry level day hike. If you’ve done Ha Ling, than this is an excellent compliment mountain to that.
- You can expect 3 to 5 hours of hiking, expansive views and vantages worth taking some beauty shots from.
- The cost of registration is for the price of the hiking log book, which will be excellent for recording all your ascents this summer.
- We will meet in the Goat Creek Parking Lot, about 15min up the Smith Dorien highway out of Canmore. (Link to map: https://goo.gl/maps/0Q667)
- In the parking lot, before hiking, we will ensure everyone is prepared, sign waivers and do some quick introductions/warm up.
- This is an entry level day hike, you do not need previous experience, all skill levels welcome!
- You should be prepared for some moderate excercise for 3 hours.
-What to Bring-
- You will require a pair of hiking boots.
- Bring a mug for some summit tea!
- You are responsible for packing a well equipped daypack (i.e. appropriate layers, water, lunch/snacks, camera). For guidance on what to pack, check out this blog post or shoot me an email.
So register today, just click here! Can’t wait to meet all of you out on the trail!
The plan is to hike to the shelf on East End of Rundle, with the option (weather and trail condition dependant) to do the scramble to the summit. Since we live in a highly variable climate, especially this time of year, the selected trail is subject to change should the weather or trail condition be deemed unsafe. This is not a guided trip, and those participating assume their own liability. We reserve the right to decline participation to individuals who are not adequately prepared for the day.