It isn’t difficult to find a personal connection to the Heart & Stroke Foundation with heart disease being the second leading cause of death in Canadians and at least nine in ten Canadians have a risk factor for stroke (Heart & Stroke Foundation). The good news is lifestyle changes can drastically decrease the risk of heart disease and stroke and it is for this reason I am super pumped about the Ski For Heart fundraiser at the Chateau Lake Louise!
Heart&Stroke Ski for Heart is a magical weekend in the Rockies for Albertans who share a passion for the outdoors, and a commitment to support life-saving heart and stroke research. For more than 40 years, its been one of Alberta’s best-loved fundraising events. Bring the entire family for a very special day of celebration in beautiful Lake Louise!
Where: Lake Louise, AB
What: Join Olympian speed skater and stroke survivor Denny Morrison and Olympian speed skater contender Josie Spence for a weekend of winter fun. Choose from three winter adventures for the Saturday main event:
- Downhill Skiing at Lake Louise! Board the FREE shuttle from the Chateau to the Lake Louise Ski Resort for a day of world-class skiing or snowboarding on over 4,200 skiable acres.
- Snowshoeing around the Lake! Get your heart pumping on a snowshoe adventure with an interpretive guide (route TBD).
- Cross-country Ski! Cross-country skiers unite! Kick-off on the lake for one of two routes; the traditional 4km loop or a longer 10km adventure loop.
Perks: Fundraise the minimum $500 and your weekend package includes:
- Luxury get-away to the five-star Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise at 3 star-prices. Prices start at $144 per night*.
- Friday night Welcome Reception, featuring one of the best minds in heart and stroke research
- Endless array of winter activities in one of the most beautiful winter playgrounds in the world
- Saturday afternoon Après Ski, with complimentary hors d’oeuvres and an intimate talk with a Heart & Stroke survivor
- Wonderful memories with other philanthropists who have invested in life-saving research to give Canadians longer, more fulfilling lives, free of heart disease and stroke.
So, if you’re a health conscious, socially active, outdoor enthusiast, like I know you are, then sign up for this amazing weekend, support an organization that helps so many Canadians. AND if you sign up before December 8th, you are entered for a chance to win a $200 Canadian Tire Gift Card! For more information and to register, please visit the Ski For Heart website.
Hope to see you out there!