Beauty In The Backcountry Forum » General

General

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Melanie 2 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Morgan
    Keymaster

General discussion, for example if you simply want to share your mountain crush moments.

• #2932 Reply

Melanie

Hey! I know this is a hiking group site but what are everyone’s thoughts on hiking alone?

• #2937 Reply

Morgan
    Keymaster

Hi Melanie! Hiking alone does have its place, like depending on how popular the trail is, the time of day and the time of year. It is best to travel in a group in areas with high bear activity, especially in the spring time. In my opinion, if you are on a popular trail with decent traffic, it is ok to hike alone, just make sure to tell people where and when you are going!

• #2938 Reply

Melanie

Thanks for the reply!:)
    would you happen to know such trails are most popular/busy in the canmore banff Kananaskis area?

• #2945 Reply

Morgan
    Keymaster

Hey, no problem! In Canmore, some popular trails are Ha Ling, Lady MacDonald and East End of Rundle. In Kananaskis Mount Baldy and Mount Yamnuska are pretty popular. I am hosting a hiking meet up on April 25th if you’re interested! We are going to be hiking East End of Rundle and it is meant to be an entry level hike, so there will be lots of breaks. If you’re interested, there are more details here. This is a great chance to meet other girls that are interested in hiking!

• #2949 Reply

Melanie

Thank you for all the tips! I really appreciate it:)
    I am unfortunately out of town this weekend but I look forward to your next event! Hopefully soon! πŸ™‚

Reply To: General
Your information: